    so I do not have to use MSIE to do my on-line banking.

    Thanks.

    GA

    Gordon Abbot, Feb 28, 2006

  2. It might be, but I suspect your bank's developers are capable of fixing
    it and will simply ignore your "I know better because some bloke on
    usenet told me" attitude.

    hywel.jenkins, Feb 28, 2006

  3. My guess is they say that IE, possibly a specific version is required
    if you want to do internet banking. If so, then telling them that it
    does not work in a different browser is kind of pointless.

    Travis Newbury, Feb 28, 2006
  4. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    Actually, they say it works with Mozilla and Firefox on the website. The
    bank people have been fine. Their programmers seem to be a bit in the dark.

    GA

    Gordon Abbot, Feb 28, 2006
  5. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    I agree, but it is also for my edification. If the html code is fine
    then there is something in my own setup that is causing the problem. If
    so, that will be helpful to others who are having problems with the
    bank's web pages. It will also help the programmers since they will know
    the issue.

    So, where can I post the section of code to have it analyzed? Here?

    GA

    Gordon Abbot, Feb 28, 2006
  6. Gordon Abbot

    Greg N. Guest

    Just a wild guess: Enable pop-ups and try again.

    Greg N., Feb 28, 2006
  7. Gordon Abbot

    David Segall Guest

    Good idea. Meanwhile, to make your life easier, add the I.E. extension
    to Firefox
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1429&application=firefox>
    It enables you to right click and then choose to view the page in
    Internet Explorer so that you can check that it really is incompatible
    with Firefox. It also enables you to specify sites that should always
    be viewed with IE so that you do not have to get irritated every time
    you select your bank site with Firefox.

    David Segall, Feb 28, 2006
    Cut to the chase, what is the URL?

    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 28, 2006
  9. Gordon Abbot

    Toby Inkster Guest

    So create a new Firefox profile, leave the settings as default, and try
    with that,

    Toby Inkster, Feb 28, 2006
  10. I dunno about anyone else, but I'd still be irritated every time I had to
    use IE; the only difference would be that it would (I would hope) start up
    on its own.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 28, 2006
  11. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    Unfortunately, it is on the secure side of the site, in the users
    accounts. The problem is you can see the main page and requires you to
    use the drop down menu to get the breakdown pages (such as activity for
    the month, view checks and the like).

    GA

    Gordon Abbot, Mar 1, 2006
  12. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    One of the first things I tried. Did not work.
    GA

    Gordon Abbot, Mar 1, 2006
  13. Then it is the bank's problem. All you can do is inform them of the
    problem, if they will only accommodate MSIE and that is a problem for
    you (and it should be) find another bank and let them know why you are
    changing your business. Nothing speaks more loudly to a bank than lost
    business.

    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 1, 2006