    What about database usage. Say I want to use Access 2000 in my webform app.
    Hope this question makes sense.

    MBS

    Who, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Who

    Mike Guest

    IIS 5+ works
    and you can use Access, Oracle, SQL for a db source.

    Mike, Apr 5, 2004

  3. FrontPage server extensions are NOT necessary. Other than that, the .Net
    platform, and IIS 5 or better, with the ASP.Net ISAPI configured for .aspx
    pages is all that is required.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 5, 2004
  4. Who

    Guest Guest

    ..NET Framework as well

    Guest, Apr 5, 2004
  5. I mentioned that.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 5, 2004
  6. Who

    Who Guest

    Does IIS 5 include the .Net platform or must it be installed separately on
    the server?

    --
    Jim Fasnacht (Senior Operations V.P.)
    Rocket Drywall, Inc.

    (717)779-2800 Fax (717)779-2900

    Who, Apr 5, 2004
  7. Who

    Mike Guest

    seperately.

    Mike, Apr 5, 2004
  8. Who

    Matt Hawley Guest

    Steve,

    Straight from the .NET SDK: ms-help://MS.NETFrameworkSDKv1.1/cpref/html/frlrfsystemwebsecurityformsauthenticationmemberstopic.htm

    Use the static method: FormsAuthentication.SignOut()

    Matt Hawley, MCAD .NET
    http://www.eworldui.net

    I need to allow a user to sign off from the admin section of my site. I am
    using forms based authentication again a DB.
    I have read several articles today... none mention how to do this. I guess
    I could force an expiration of the cookie, but there must be a cleaner way.

    Anyone know one?

    Thanks-
    Steve

    Matt Hawley, Apr 5, 2004
  9. The .Net platform is a free download from the Windows Update site.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 5, 2004