newbie hickup

AccessStarters

I have .Net FrameWork 1.1 sp1 installed.
When I try to open a Microsoft ASP.NET Web project in Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET 2003, I receive the following error message:

Unable to open Web project 'ProjectName'. The file path 'FilePath' does not
correspond to the URL 'ProjectURL'. The two need to map to the same server
location.

Note ProjectName is a placeholder for the name of the ASP.NET Web project.
FilePath is a placeholder for the file path of the ASP.NET Web project.
ProjectURL is a placeholder for the URL of the ASP.NET Web project.

These are the FilePath and ProjectURL refered to above that I use:
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ProjectName
http://localhost/ProjectName

Can anyone please help - I don't know which way to turn here.
Jill