    How do I delete this stuff (the defunct WebApplication1, etc) and why is it
    still there?

    Thanks in Advance.

    deko, Apr 22, 2004

  2. deko

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    The application details are stored in the IIS Metabase. You can use the
    Metabase Explorer to delete them if they no longer exist.

    If you delete the folder hosting a web application directly off the file
    system (eg via Explorer), IIS doesn't know that, and the web application
    remains defined in the metabase.

    Instead, you should use the IIS Manager to delete the web application root
    first (properties of the web app, and click "remove" on the directory tab,
    where the Application Root settings are), then delete the folder off the
    hard disk.

    Metabase Explorer is available from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ee-a71a-4c73-b628-ade629c89499&DisplayLang=en

    Cheers
    Ken

    : Running IIS 6 on WS03
    :
    : When I launch IIS Manager and expand Application Pools >> DefaultAppPool,
    : there are some Default Applications, and also a bunch of stuff that is
    : residue from practice web applications created from Visual Studio.Net:
    : WebApplication1, WebApplicationi2, etc.
    :

    Ken Schaefer, Apr 22, 2004

  3. deko

    deko Guest

    The application details are stored in the IIS Metabase. You can use the
    Outstanding! I appreciate the clear and concise reply with a link to the
    resource I needed. It worked great, and now I know how to avoid the problem
    in the future. Thanks for the help!

    deko, Apr 22, 2004