Newbie Question: No Vsim, Vlib etc in my ModelSim

jk

Hi all,

trying to follow the advice of one of the regulars on this forum and learn
to use the text based version of ModelSim 5.7.

However, using the file-find facility I have not been able to find Vsim and
Vlib on my installed version of Mentor Graphics on my machine. Is this
normal? I figured there was actually meant to be files which could be
accessed via the command interface...

- K

Allan Herriman

Hi all,

trying to follow the advice of one of the regulars on this forum and learn
to use the text based version of ModelSim 5.7.

However, using the file-find facility I have not been able to find Vsim and
Vlib on my installed version of Mentor Graphics on my machine. Is this
normal? I figured there was actually meant to be files which could be
accessed via the command interface...

1. You've installed "Mentor Graphics" rather than Modelsim.

2. You are doing a case sensitive search. Try looking for vsim
instead of Vsim.

3. You are looking for vsim instead of vsim.exe (assuming Windoze).

You definitely should be able to find vsim, vcom, vlog, etc.

Regards,
Allan.

Jonathan Bromley

jk said:
Hi all,

trying to follow the advice of one of the regulars on this forum and learn
to use the text based version of ModelSim 5.7.

However, using the file-find facility I have not been able to find Vsim and
Vlib on my installed version of Mentor Graphics on my machine. Is this
normal? I figured there was actually meant to be files which could be
accessed via the command interface...

They're there, in the executables directory. Mine's at
C:\apps\Modelsim_SE_5.7c\win32
or
/apps/modeltech/linux
or something like that. Make sure that's in your PATH.

Their names are all in lowercase: vsim, vlib...
That would matter on Unix or Linux, not on the PC.
--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail: (e-mail address removed)

Kwaj

I suspect my version didn't install properly...as I definetly can't see any
of those files