    somebody please tell me what python really is and explain its
    architecture, in what problems it is used and from where should I
    start?

    Hrishikesh, Oct 24, 2010

  2. Hrishikesh

    Chris Rebert Guest

    Most consider it an interpreter (though it does compile the source
    code into high-level bytecode).
    A programming language. What's a question like that even mean?
    Define "architecture" in this context.
    Various and sundry; it's a general-purpose language.
    But see http://www.python.org/about/apps/
    The official tutorial of course.
    If you downloaded version 2.x: http://docs.python.org/tutorial/
    If you downloaded version 3.x: http://docs.python.org/py3k/

    Regards,
    Chris

    Chris Rebert, Oct 24, 2010

  3. I would start by looking at

    http://www.python.org

    To learn Python, go through the tutorial:

    http://docs.python.org/tutorial/

    Arnaud Delobelle, Oct 24, 2010
  4. Hrishikesh

    Hrishikesh Guest

    Thanks guys,

    I knew its an interpreter, mistakenly put compiler, I am reading the
    docs, any further programming issues I will post soon!

    Hrishikesh, Oct 24, 2010
  5. Oops! You just started a flame war ;)

    Arnaud Delobelle, Oct 24, 2010
  6. Hrishikesh

    Steve Holden Guest

    If you don't know the answers to *any* of those questions, one wonders
    why you "want to start Python". Perhaps you can explain, or is this
    simply trolling?

    regards
    Steve

    Steve Holden, Oct 24, 2010
  7. Hrishikesh

    rantingrick Guest

    Steve, I highly doubt this is an example of trolling we have witnessed
    here. If it really *is* trolling then i would say the "alleged
    troller" should visit xah's site for a crash course in professional
    trolling ASAP because he's not very good at it -- i should know!

    However, i have a good sense that our new friend is just very
    inexperienced and looking for advice. He may have a very limited
    knowledge --or even no knowledge of computer programming-- so that
    would explain the "seemingly" nonsensicalness of his questions. But we
    must always remember that every one here (*ahem* and i mean everyone S-
    T-E-V-E-O!) had to start from the bottom and work his or her way up
    the ladder of knowledge. So next time please try to be a little less
    condescending.

    Thanks

    rantingrick, Oct 24, 2010
  8. Hrishikesh