Newbie: Where to start

John

Hi

I have an asp background. I need to start a long term project with access
backend that would be evolved over a period of time. A flexible and easily
extensible infrastructure is highly desirable. Is there a site that I can
use as model of good practices or a template that I can start with?

Thanks

Regards

John

Hi

I am using vs.net 2003 to develop in vb.net. I just don't know how to
structure a good asp.net app as it would be my first. I need to know how to
implement modularity in asp.net so things can be extended easily as the app
develops. Also any tips on saving time on development/maintenance by using
things like templates etc.

Thanks

Regards

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

Thats a lot to be requesting advice on given your on about moving to an OO
based approach.

I woudl strongly suggest that you buy a book to assist you.

Try
http://aspalliance.com/cookbook/default.aspx

Or Dino Esposito's Programming Microsoft ASP.NET

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>
ISBN:1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms
ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition
ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP
ISBN: 1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development
ISBN: 1861002092
</shameless_author_plug>

TJS

Yes, templates can be used with ASP.net

To incorporate modularity build your code in classes.

--
http://www.ASPkey.net/