newsgroup in forum

tommy

hello again,

i have a small selfbuilded forum for vba. my questions is:
is it possible to connect my forum to the microsoft-newsgroup -- like
all the posting in my forum will we posted to the
microsoft-newsgroup??

you understand what i want?

best regards

tommy

Curt_C [MVP]

you mean you want to read and write NNTP to the microsoft.public.*
newsgroups?

thomas hauser

hi court,

yes, i want to read and write to the microsoft-newsgroups....

it is possible??

and it is possible further?
i dont want to display all newgroup -messages in my forum(only the
messages of my forum)

understandable?

best regards

tommy

HangulHanjaFastConversion-Eigenschaft

True if Microsoft Word automatically converts a word with
only one suggestion during conversion between hangul
and hanja. Read/write Boolean.

Curt_C [MVP]

Possible to read/write, yes. Do some research on NNTP though, that's where
I'd start.
As for only displaying stuff from your forum.... maybe, but then why link to
the ms groups?

Personally I think it's a bad idea though. You are giving the false
impression to visitors to your site that their question was answered from
another visitor to your site when it wasn't.... this is fraud in my book.

RASTA

hi court,

i think, its not a bad idea, because if i display all newsgroup-messages
in my forum -- its nothing else than a view of the microsoft-newsgroup

i want to push the chanches for answers -- in the moment, my friend and
me are the only persons who answer the newbies.

if i can post the questions to the microsoft-newsgroup, the possibility
of answers is very higher. and further, i only want to read "my"
messages from the newsgroup back to my forum.(not the hole
newsgroup-messages)

a little like "http://www.developersdex.com/"

what do you think about my idea now?

best regards

tommy

Curt_C [MVP]

my thoughts on what you are attempting is the same. You are still taking
other peoples answers and putting them on your site as if they are yours. If
you do something like include a header/note saying that these posts/answers
are from the newsgroups then no problem. I'm not a big fan of things like
devdex either. If you are going to poll the newsgroups then goto the
newsgroups. There is a web interface for them already. Anyway, that's just
my opinion.

Oh, and it's much easier if you stick with one username for posting, that
way it's easy to know posts from replies/followups.

Anyway, just do some googling on NNTP and .NET and you should easily get
what you are after.

RASTA

*****
If
you do something like include a header/note saying that these
posts/answers
are from the newsgroups then no problem.
****
this will be!

and i googling on NNTP and .NET -- but i find nothing....

´best regards

tommmy