Non-breaking Spaces Added to Markup

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Neil8Ken, Apr 23, 2008.

  1. Neil8Ken

    Neil8Ken Guest

    (NOTE: In the first attempt to post this issue the non-breaking space
    characters were replaced with spaces)

    We are experiencing a serious problem with custom server controls in the web
    designer of VS2008. When we perform an action within the designer that causes
    the markup to be updated, there are many non-breaking space characters and
    spaces inserted in between the tags of the server control. For example:

    <cc1:TextField ID="TextField1"> " " </TextField>

    As we continue to work within the designer (such as switching tabs), the
    non-breaking spaces quickly multiply until there are hundreds and then
    thousands of them. If we insert some text between the tags, the text is also
    duplicated. I have seen posts on other forums about this problem but no
    solution. Are others experiencing this problem and, if so, is there a
    workaround or solution?

    Neil Aitken
    Ceridian

    Neil8Ken, Apr 23, 2008