non-createable base control?

Donal McWeeney

Hi,

I have created a base control that some other custom control derive off. I
dont want this base control to be createable - what is the best recommended
way to do this?

Implemented base control constructor as a protected constructor?

Thanks

Donal

Sayed Hashimi

Creatable by whom?

If you don't want anyone to instantiate the base class, then you need
to add the "abstract" modifier to your base class. Then, only classes
that derive from your base class will be instantiatable.

sayed