Noob needs help

Chad

I have a web app that, ojn the left, has listbox with a bunch of "tags".

On the right, I have a multi-line text box.

Between teh two, I have a button with an arrow on it that points from the
right. It is for adding a Tag to the text box AT THE POSITION OF THE
(textbox) CURSOR.

How do you do this?

Partically, how do you detect the position of thge cursor within the text
box so I can insert the TAG at that position within the TEXTBOX.TEXT string?

Thanks