    machine by giving <identity impersonate="true" userName="" password=""
    /> it doesn't work. But i tried accessing my local machine with
    <identity> tag it worked. Is there any solution to this problem?

    rajeshwarrao.g, Jul 7, 2006

  2. rajeshwarrao.g

    Guest Guest

    This has nothing to do with adminstrative priveleges. It has everything to
    do with security in MSDE. You need to do one of two things:
    1) Create a login for the aspnet user account in MSDE, and give that login
    the rights it needs to the databases it needs to access.
    2) Use Sql Authentication instead of windows auth to log onto the MSDE
    server.

    Whatever you do, don't make ASP.NET run under an account with admin
    priveledges.

    Guest, Jul 7, 2006