Not able to access MSDE without administrative priviliges given to ASPNET

rajeshwarrao.g

Hi All,

I am trying to access MSDE from ASP.NET application without
giving administrative privileges to ASPNET user. It gives an error
message saying "Cannot login to SQL server for ASPNET". Can't I access
the MSDE in local machine or across network without giving
administrative privileges to ASPNET? I tried accessing MSDE in another
machine by giving <identity impersonate="true" userName="" password=""
/> it doesn't work. But i tried accessing my local machine with
<identity> tag it worked. Is there any solution to this problem?

Guest

This has nothing to do with adminstrative priveleges. It has everything to
do with security in MSDE. You need to do one of two things:
1) Create a login for the aspnet user account in MSDE, and give that login
the rights it needs to the databases it needs to access.
2) Use Sql Authentication instead of windows auth to log onto the MSDE
server.

Whatever you do, don't make ASP.NET run under an account with admin
priveledges.