object oriented perl programming

sanjeeb

Hi
i am a beginner in perl I am learning right now. i am very much
confused with Object oriented perl programming. Can any one please
suggest any good site. I need some examaple codes to get inside. I
found so many book but not very confident about the subject.

Regards
sanjeeb

Ch Lamprecht

sanjeeb said:
Hi
i am a beginner in perl I am learning right now. i am very much
confused with Object oriented perl programming. Can any one please
suggest any good site.
Hi,
did you read the documentation on OO-perl that came with your perl?

perldoc perlboot
perldoc perlobj
perldoc perltoot
perldoc perltooc
perldoc perlbot

Christoph

Mirco Wahab

Hi sanjeeb
i am a beginner in perl I am learning right now. i am very much
confused with Object oriented perl programming. Can any one please
suggest any good site. I need some examaple codes to get inside. I
found so many book but not very confident about the subject.

I'd like to make an additional comment.

*IF* you *REALLY* want to learn two things at once,
then read the book:

"Intermediate Perl" by Schwartz, d'Foy Phoenix
(http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0596102062.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)

which has a really nice OO-Introduction for Perl.
If you are - then - somehow advanced, jump to Damians book:

"Object Oriented Perl" by Conway
(http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1884777791.03.LZZZZZZZ.gif)

If (imho better) you want to learn Perl first,
dont even think about any OO stuff within at
least one year.

In most cases, you _won't_ really need any OOP
for 'normal' Programs - say - below 1000 Lines
(figure given in /1/). It adds only to confusion,
esp. if you don't know Perl well enough (imho).

What field of computing are you dealing with?

Why would you choose Glor^h^h^hPea^hrl in
the first place?

Regards

Mirco

John

sanjeeb said:
Hi
i am a beginner in perl I am learning right now. i am very much
confused with Object oriented perl programming. Can any one please
suggest any good site. I need some examaple codes to get inside. I
found so many book but not very confident about the subject.

Regards
sanjeeb

The following is a short 10 page summary for *absolute* beginners.

http://cgi2.cs.rpi.edu/~lallip/perl/spring06/OOP.pdf

Regards
John