Odd characters in browser

DC Gringo

I have a strange issue where some non-English, but Latin characters are
rendering impropertly in my browsers (both IE and Firefox, for example).

The underlying HTML code--whose source is a RSS XML feed that also looks
clean--reads:

Abéché

But instead, the browsers render:

Abéché

_____
DC G

Beth N

It's kind of difficult to know what exactly the source and browser
rendering is (with my current encoding setting I see
question marks as the source, and accented 'e's as the browser result,
and that is probably not correct).

Have you tried switching the encoding setting in the browser? If it is
currently set to ISO-8859-1, try switching
to UTF-8.

And make sure that the encoding used in the XML corresponds to the
encoding specified (if nothing is specified, it
defaults to UTF-8).

Guest

Hi Gringo,

at my end its working fine, just check your IE browser setting.

go to View menu and check what encoding option is selected in your case.

-- Vijay Pote