odeint function in SciPy

FLChamp

I was wondering what numerical method the odeint function is based on.
I have checked the documentation but couldnt find anything. I would be
very grateful if someone could answer this question for me, I'm not
looking for a heavy mathematical answer!

Cheers!

Ben

Robert Kern

FLChamp said:
I was wondering what numerical method the odeint function is based on.
I have checked the documentation but couldnt find anything. I would be
very grateful if someone could answer this question for me, I'm not
looking for a heavy mathematical answer!

You could also check the source or ask on the appropriate mailing list.

But since if you do the latter, you'll still get me, odeint uses ODEPACK.

http://www.netlib.org/odepack/opkd-sum

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)

-- Richard Harter

Ben Champion

Thanks for the link! I think it has the information I want in it (the
numerical method eg Runge-Kutta). However I am not sure which of the
solvers listed within that file is used by odeint.

All I want to achieve is to write a few lines on the mathematical
method used by odeint for my college project.

Many Thanks

Robert Kern

Ben said:
Thanks for the link! I think it has the information I want in it (the
numerical method eg Runge-Kutta). However I am not sure which of the
solvers listed within that file is used by odeint.

LSODA

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)

-- Richard Harter

FLChamp

Thanks for your help! I don't suppose you happen to know what order
this method is?

Robert Kern

FLChamp said:
Thanks for your help! I don't suppose you happen to know what order
this method is?

If your answer isn't in the docs I pointed you to or in the source, then
I don't know it. Happy hunting.

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)