off topic: view source disabled

Kathleen Coyne

this is off topic, but I figure there will be tons of people around
here that are really familiar with browsers.

My view source somehow became disabled. I have no idea how or why. I
right click, view source, and nothing happens. If I do it from a site
that is located on my computer, it works. But on the web, it just
won't work.

View->source isn't effective, either. There is even a button which
allows me to "edit page" with a choice of program... and that button
is greyed out.

As you can imagine, this ordeal is extremely frustrating as I view the
source of a site all the time.

Thanks for the help :)

David Dorward

Kathleen said:
this is off topic, but I figure there will be tons of people around
here that are really familiar with browsers.

My view source somehow became disabled. I have no idea how or why. I
right click, view source, and nothing happens. If I do it from a site
that is located on my computer, it works. But on the web, it just
won't work.

You are probably using MSIE and have a full cache (this is a known bug).
Increase the size of your browser cache, empty it, or switch to a better
browser ( http://www.mozilla.org/ )

Isofarro

Kathleen said:
My view source somehow became disabled.

Take a page that links to a pdf. The view source is enabled. Click on the
pdf link, when its loaded click the back button. Now the view source is
disabled. Its a bug in Internet Explorer - nothing more.

Kathleen Coyne

David Dorward said:
You are probably using MSIE and have a full cache (this is a known bug).
Increase the size of your browser cache, empty it, or switch to a better
browser ( http://www.mozilla.org/ )

Hey look! It worked!

Awsome, thanks. I was diein' from not being able to view the source.
I tried searching around online for help on it, but all I got was
pages upon pages upon pages of links to how to PREVENT one from
viewing the source.

I guess I should empty it more often... heh. I have it set up to
automatically do it, but it asks me first... and you know how that
goes, "Oh no, not right now... maybe next time" for a really really
long time.

Nicolai P. Zwar

David said:
Kathleen Coyne wrote:

You are probably using MSIE and have a full cache (this is a known bug).
Increase the size of your browser cache, empty it, or switch to a better
browser ( http://www.mozilla.org/ )

I must admit I have never heard of this bug before. What a weird one. Is
it a bug in all versions of MS-IE, or just in certain ones?

Bruce Wallace

Thanks David, I have also had this problem, in fact for months and my
searching turned up nothing. Your reply has helped me too, and it was soooo
easy. Thanks again. Bruce

Leif K-Brooks

Talc said:
For the advanced user, possibly. But for the average user, IE still reigns as
the best.

BS. Can you give me a single reason why Internet Exploiter is better for
the average used than a good browser?