Office Web Components

Surajit Laha

Hi,

Could someone please point me to some good detailed documentation
(with examples) on programing OWC (Spreadsheet, Pivot Table and Chart
controls) using ASP 3.0?

Thanks in advance.

--surajIT

Chris Hohmann

Surajit Laha said:
Hi,

Could someone please point me to some good detailed documentation
(with examples) on programing OWC (Spreadsheet, Pivot Table and Chart
controls) using ASP 3.0?

Thanks in advance.

--surajIT

Unfortunately, there is very little in the way of documentation for OWC.
Your primary resource will likely be the help file. Do a search on your
machine for MSOWCVBA.CHM. It's usually located in <MSO_InstallDir>/1033.
You may want to seek advise from the m.p.office.developer.web.components
group. In the future, please indicate the version of the
software/technology you are using. In the case of OWC, there have been
significant enhancements to OWC from Office2K to OfficeXP. Specifically,
OWC (XP) is truly designed to be both a client and server side
technology. You can, for instance, stream a chart gif directly to the
ASP Response interface, instead of having to generate a temporary file
which is what you had to do in OWC (2K). Finally, here's an article list
with various charting methodologies, including OWC.

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/LearnMore/Graphing.asp

HTH
-Chris Hohmann