onclick parameters

Luis

I have an onclick function that pops a new window (nothing fancy) the
problem is that whenever I want to return to the page where I popped
the new window from I find that it is reloaded and has taken me to the
fist line of the page. What parameter (or anything else for that
matter) can I add in order to pop up a new window and still be in the
same place when I return to the previous page?
Thanks for your help guys

Marc

don't use # in the href...

onclick="window.open('popup.html','','width=300,height=300'); return
false;">

arkadiusz juszczyk

Luis said:
I have an onclick function that pops a new window (nothing fancy) the
problem is that whenever I want to return to the page where I popped
the new window from I find that it is reloaded and has taken me to the
fist line of the page. What parameter (or anything else for that
matter) can I add in order to pop up a new window and still be in the
same place when I return to the previous page?
Thanks for your help guys

just guessing here, but...
you probably have:

and you want to have:

onClick="popup(); return false;">nothing fancy</a>

the critical thing being the "return false", which tells the browser not
to try and follow the link.

arkadiusz