Online forum source codes in Perl/CGI without SQL?

Kelvin

Is there any forum source code (open source) that doesn't use SQL database?
My website package doesn't give me SQL service :(

Ben Morrow

Quoth "Kelvin said:
Is there any forum source code (open source) that doesn't use SQL database?
My website package doesn't give me SQL service :(

This Is Not A Perl Question, but...

You can get SQL without a database using DBD::SQLLite. This won't
provide concurrency or consistency checking, though, which is why most
forum packages use a database.

Ben

Eric Bohlman

Is there any forum source code (open source) that doesn't use SQL
database? My website package doesn't give me SQL service :(

Can you install DBD::SQLite locally? That provides a self-contained SQL
database manager that runs entirely in your own process space and uses
files (one per database) in your own area [1], therefore not requiring any
server-wide processes, data, or administration?

[1] As several of the PHP people have been pointing out lately, the fact
that SQLite does in fact use local files means that you have the same
security issues that you do when using plain old files for storing data;
you need to make sure that the files are in a place that doesn't
unnecessarily expose them.