Open URL from email message

Lev Altshuler

Hi,

When reading from email message using Net::pOP3 (or other means),
I need my perl program to open URLs incuded into the message. In other
words, I need the program to click links in the message.
So far I have not found the solution for that either in Net::pOP3 or
anywhere else.
Does anyone have an idea how to do that?

Thanks, Lev

Lev Altshuler

Internet Explorer can be launched with the following system call:
system("start $url");
where $url is a variable where we stored URL read by Net::pOP3.
But the task is to emulate a click on the link from email message. Launching
the browser is not
an issue here. I am not certain that launching the browser as I described
above will emulate
a click on the link from email message.

Mina Naguib said:

Net::pOP3 handles, obviously, the POP3 protocol. In other words,
"download this chunk of text, it

Steve Grazzini

[ dejeopardized, follow-ups set to clpmisc ]
Internet Explorer can be launched with the following system call:
system("start $url");
where $url is a variable where we stored URL read by Net::pOP3.
But the task is to emulate a click on the link from email message.
^^^^^^^^

Isn't it a little summery for homework?
Launching the browser is not an issue here. I am not certain that
launching the browser as I described above will emulate a click on
the link from email message.

You can emulate a *click* on the link using return().

sub click {
my $thing = shift;
return;
}

This is approximately what mutt does when you click on anything,
and I think it's correct behavior.

HTH

Beable van Polasm

Lev Altshuler said:
Internet Explorer can be launched with the following system call:
system("start $url");
where $url is a variable where we stored URL read by Net::pOP3.
But the task is to emulate a click on the link from email message. Launching
the browser is not
an issue here. I am not certain that launching the browser as I described
above will emulate
a click on the link from email message.

You know, top-posting and full-quoting like that will get a lot of
people angry with you. You won't like it when a lot of people get
angry with you. Read this page to find out how to do it so that
everybody will accept your contributions:

As for "emulating a click", what other actions do you think that
clicking on a link would have than to get a web browser to display
the page linked to?

Eric Schwartz

Beable van Polasm said:
As for "emulating a click", what other actions do you think that
clicking on a link would have than to get a web browser to display
the page linked to?

The answer, if it's HTML mail, and javascript is enabled, is "darn
near anything". If the machine in question runs Windows, even more
so.

-=Eric