OpenGLContext problems

druidEternal

Greetings all,

New to graphics programming, and new to Python, but PyOpenGL looked like a
good way to get my feet wet.

Installed Python 2.2.3 on my XP machine, then installed PyOpenGL and
OpenGLContext (with all the dependencies listed on
http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/documentation/installation.html), have been
playing
with the sample scripts in the 'tests' directory and the NeHe Tutorial
Translations,
but every time I try to run any of the scripts, I run into a page of
warnings:

-----
Warning: redefining field-type MFVec4f from <class
'vrml.fieldtypes.MFVec4fEvt'> to <class
'OpenGLContext.vrml.fieldtypes.MFVec4fEvt'>
-----

and the traceback:
-----
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "nehe6.py", line 144, in ?
MainFunction ( TestContext)
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\OpenGLContext\gluttestingcontext.py",
line
18, in main
render = TestContext()
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\OpenGLContext\glutcontext.py", line
26, in
__init__
Context.__init__ (self)
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\OpenGLContext\context.py", line 155,
in __
init__
self.setupFrameRateCounter()
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\OpenGLContext\context.py", line 245,
in se
tupFrameRateCounter
from OpenGLContext import framecounter
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\OpenGLContext\framecounter.py", line
4, in
?
class FrameCounter( node.Node ):
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\OpenGLContext\framecounter.py", line
11, i
n FrameCounter
count = field.newField( 'count', 'SFInt32', 1, 0)
File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\OpenGLContext\vrml\field.py", line 47,
in
newField
dataType = baseFieldTypes[dataType]
KeyError: 'SFInt32'
-----

Has anyone run into this before? Am I missing dependencies yet? I'm
loving Python so far, and I'd really like to make this work! Any help
appreciated...

thanks