Options to integrate Python modules into native windows applications

Philippe C. Martin

Hi,

I am looking for the pros and cons as to how to integrate a Python module
into a Windows native application.

So far I have looked at

1) coding the C wrapper myself
2) using Pyrex
3) go for pywin32 and COM

Thanks,

Philippe

Larry Bates

pywin32 and COM is good. Seems to work for me.

Other methods (services, sockets, pipes, etc.)
can also work well, but it depends on what you
want to do and how you wish to communicate between
the modules.

Larry Bates

Philippe C. Martin

Thanks Larry,

I want to:

1) Modify my code as little as possible
2) Please/reassure the lambda VB or VC++ oriented company

Regards,

Philippe

Do Re Mi chel La Si Do

Hi !

I use, intensively, Python, via COM & PyWin32, from Paradox (Object-Pal),
VBScript, Excel, Word, Internet-explorer, AutoIt, etc.
It is simple, powerful and extensible dynamically.

@-salutations

Philippe C. Martin

Hi,

Thanks for your answers,

has anyone also used .net for Python ?

Regards,

Philipe

Do Re Mi chel La Si Do

Re Hi !

I had only test (little) Python for .Net ; OK, it's run. It is possible to
make winform from Python. And I had try to use Python for .Net from my
COM-server, and from VBscript. OK also.

Plus, I had try to call my Python-server-COM, from C# : OK it's run. C#
can use Python.

And, I had try to make, in Internet-Explorer, a page, with Html+javascript,
who call the Python-server-COM, and at the same time, contains an
object-assembly dotNET, who call also the server-COM. It is twisted, but
it's run OK (that opens two sessions of the server-COM, which communicate by
mmap).

* sorry for my bad english *

@-salutations

Michel Claveau

Do Re Mi chel La Si Do

Hi !
Ce n'est pas mon anglais. Babelfish m'a beaucoup aidé.

@-salutations