Oracle breaks getResource

Roedy Green

I have discovered another of Oracle changing the rules to break
existing apps.

If you call getResource, you must now sign the Applet, with a real or
self-signed certificate.

If you don't, you applet will just quietly terminate without any sort
of message to indicate the problem. This drives you nuts because when
you run the Applet as an application or in the Applet viewer to debug,
all works fine.