Oracle Calling A Stored Procedure

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Nov 11, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello, I have an update stored procedure which is in a package. In my code I
    create all of the paramters and then call the stored procedure with
    "ExecuteNonQuery()" method of the command. The Command oject I am using is
    an "IDbCommand" rather then the OracleCommand object.

    The call always fails which and error message indicating that a conversion
    error between character and Numeric values. If I look at the database, the
    procedure clearly has worked from a database perspective. It sounds like
    some problem with MS attempting to return the "int" of the method of the
    ExecuteNonQuery() method.

    If I instead create a datareader with the same command above, the procedure
    works just fine, I can then read my parameters and all is right with the
    world.

    Why can't I use the "ExecuteNonQuery" method of the command with Oracle?
    What do I need to do differently?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!

    Guest, Nov 11, 2004

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Show your code where you set the parameter list, and of the stored proc also

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 11, 2004