OracleClient Pooled connection

DSISupport

I have an ASP.NET application runinng on IIS 5 .NET 1.1 Sp1 and recently
we've been experiencing this error when the users are trying to print reports
that connects to Oracle database. The only way to solve the issue right now
is to restart the server or IIS and this is the error message:

TargetSite : System.Data.OracleClient.DBPooledObject
GetObject(System.Object, Boolean ByRef)
Stack Trace : at System.Data.OracleClient.DBObjectPool.GetObject(Object
owningObject, Boolean& isInTransaction)
at
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(String
encryptedConnectionString, OracleConnectionString options, OracleConnection
owningObject, Boolean& isInTransaction)
at
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.OpenInternal(OracleConnectionString
parsedConnectionString, Object transact)
at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.Open()
at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.OpenConnection()
at
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteReader(DBCommandWrapper command)
at
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Oracle.OracleDatabase.ExecuteReader(DBCommandWrapper commandWrapper)
at EssessmentDataAccessLayer.clsPMRFormDAL.get_dt_PMR_by_PMR_ID(Int32
PMR_ID

Luke Zhang [MSFT]

Hello,

From the error message, it seems it failed when open a connection to the
Oracle database, did you open too much connection in the ASP.NET
application. In ASP.NET application, we may close a connection right way
after a database operation. Also, I not sure if there is some Orcale
utilities which can check how many connections we open to a database. If
so, it will also be helpful.

BTW, for ASP.NET and ADO.NET related issue, you may post in:

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet

Sincerely,

Luke Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

DSISupport

Actually by the nature of the ASP.NET application all database connection are
opened and closed by the MS Data Access Block which is a part of the MS
Enterprise Library June 2005 and based on the documentation this code has a
connection pool class which manages all the connection autumatically.
Also this code is working fine in most cases however when we have more
activities on from the users the server crash giving this error.
It look like to me that the OracleClient ConnectionPool part has issue
recycling connections, but I'm not sure.

Luke Zhang [MSFT]

Hello,

Connection pool also has max connection limit. So, it is better to check
from Oracle side if there is a connection numbers peak when the exception
occurs.