ordered list (OL) tag with tables

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Arvind Ganesan, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. I am trying to have the first column of each row in my html table
    automatically numbered. But it is not working....my code looks like this:

    <ol>
    <li></li>
    row 1 column 2
    </ol>

    I anticipated that the code <li></li> will create a "1." and that I could
    use the same procedure for each of my rows and have my rows automatically
    numbered...but this isn't working. I just see a circular bullet symbol
    where I am expecting the "1.". What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks in advance,
    Arvind.

    Arvind Ganesan, Sep 6, 2003

  2. You're inventing markup and expecting it to work. Use CSS autonumbering
    instead.

    Leif K-Brooks, Sep 6, 2003

  3. Arvind Ganesan

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Interesting! Do you have an example?
    Regards, Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 6, 2003
  4. Arvind Ganesan

    Adrienne Guest

    Adrienne, Sep 6, 2003
  5. Arvind Ganesan

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 6, 2003
  6. What is the resolution on it?

    Toby A Inkster, Sep 6, 2003
  7. Arvind Ganesan

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Probably worse than my new 19" LCD. On the other hand, the viewing angle is
    360 degrees!
    It worries me however: this time she saw me writing. Who knows what she sees
    more.
    Cheers, Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 6, 2003
  8. Arvind Ganesan

    Adrienne Guest

    Everything! And I'm gonna tell! ;-)

    Adrienne, Sep 6, 2003
  9. Arvind Ganesan

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Ah well, write a book about it. 50% of the profits for me.
    But I'm sure you're not aware of the bug in the older versions of crystal
    ball's: We all can see you too :) (Wow)
    Cheers, Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 6, 2003
  10. Arvind Ganesan

    Adrienne Guest

    No, I'm using the newest .NET version of Crystal Ball 10.XX1 . It doesn't
    support position:fixed so I have to stand directly over it, on one foot
    only, and scratch my belly in a counter clockwise direction to see
    anything. The instruction manual says that for you to see me, you have to
    do a hand stand with only one hand, and one eye closed.

    Adrienne, Sep 6, 2003
  11. Arvind Ganesan

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    It works! (for a short time; I'm affraid I have to recover a few weeks from
    that exercise (neck injury)

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 6, 2003