[OT]99 Bottles of Beer

Materialised

Sorry for the offtopic post, but I was just looking at
http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/c.html#C--

It shows the following code:

* C-- version of 99 Bottles of beer (Bottles.c--) */
/* See http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/tbone/c--/ */
/* Philipp Winterberg, http://www.winterbergs.de */

? include "WRITE.H--"

int b;
main ()
{
b = 99;
do {
WRITEINT(b);
WRITESTR(" bottle(s) of beer on the wall,\n");
WRITEINT(b);
WRITESTR(" bottle(s) of beer.\n");
WRITESTR("Take one down, pass it around,\n");
b--;
WRITEINT(b);
WRITESTR(" bottle(s) of beer on the wall.\n\n");
} while (b > 0);
}

Obviously I know this isnt ANSI C, but what exactly is C--? Was it some
forrunner to C++?

To me it looks like some kind of C/Pascal hybrid.

Materialised

Materialised said:
[...]

I should have read the comments in the source. The answer I was seeking
is here:
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/tbone/c--/

CBFalconer

Materialised said:
[...]