[OT] Anyone here familiar with installing Open Watcom F77?

Chris Angelico

See Subject.

To what extent "familiar"? I have it installed on several computers,
but only because it comes with Open Wat C/C++.

With something off-topic like this, it might be better to have a real
email address, so the responses can be off-list.

ChrisA

W. eWatson

To what extent "familiar"? I have it installed on several computers,
but only because it comes with Open Wat C/C++.

With something off-topic like this, it might be better to have a real
email address, so the responses can be off-list.

ChrisA

sierra_mtnview @ sbcglobal.net
Here's the story.

As far as I can tell F77 1.8 is not available. I've Googled quite a bit
for it. My source for 1.9 is
<http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Download>. It gives me:
open-watcom-f77-win32-1.9.exe.

When I install, there are only choices: Custom, which presumably will
ask a lot of questions, and some one shot do-it without any
intervention. I took the latter.

...., XP, and no Win7? I use Win7. Trouble??

Something is amiss with my install. I downloaded 1.9. I did not use any
customization.

I can bring up the IDE easily. Using it is a different matter. The
only Getting Started in F77 manual I can find is shown as v1.8. If 1.9
is needed, I can't find it. If I use the 1.8 manual, then the contents
don't match up with what I find in the F77 IDE. For example, the manual
talks about a Kitchen project on page 15. Not found anywhere in the
install folder.

Dan Nagle

Hello,

Here's the story.

As far as I can tell F77 1.8 is not available. I've Googled quite a
bit for it. My source for 1.9 is
<http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Download>. It gives me:
open-watcom-f77-win32-1.9.exe.

On Usenet, comp.lang.fortran might be the best source of help for this.
There's a good chance one of the regulars there can answer you
within one or two posts. (I'll not cross-post, you can choose for yourself.)

HTH

Colin J. Williams

Hello,

On Usenet, comp.lang.fortran might be the best source of help for this.
There's a good chance one of the regulars there can answer you
within one or two posts. (I'll not cross-post, you can choose for
yourself.)

HTH

You might get in touch with someone at Waterloo University, which is
located in Kitchener/Waterloo.

This could have come from the 60's or 70's.

Good luck.

Colin W.

W. eWatson

You might get in touch with someone at Waterloo University, which is
located in Kitchener/Waterloo.

This could have come from the 60's or 70's.

Good luck.

Colin W.
Left a message on Tuesday. No return call. I'm starting to make progress
on this.