OT: CSS layout problem

Colin Young

Not strictly an ASP.Net problem (but I am using it to generate the page),
but I'm having a bit of a problem with the following page:
http://www.gordonbrothers.com/gbg2 (the stylesheet is
http://www.gordonbrothers.com/gbg2/internet.css).

If the navigation bar (the red horizontal bar about 1/4 down from the top
containing "Retail Inventory" etc.) wraps to 2 or more lines, the second
line overlaps the first (i.e. if "Accounts Receivable" needs to display on a
new line it will partially cover "Real Estate").

I've spent most of the day on this and can't figure out what is causing the
problem. The problem appears in both Mozilla and IE, so I'm assuming that
I've managed to stuff things up somehow.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Colin

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Colin,

Thank you for posting to the MSDN newsgroups.

I am interested in this issue and researching on it now. I will update you
as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Colin

I have checked the HTML source code and the CSS file. Unfortunately, I have
not found any hints now. Is it possible for you to write a simple testing
project only for this issue? I certainly appreciate your time.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Colin Young

Thanks for looking at the problem. I've come up with a temporary "fix" by
using float: right on all the individual spans in the list. It doesn't give
the same visual effect, but it fixes the overlap problem. Unfortunately
getting the navigation links isn't a high priority, so I'll be putting the
problem aside for now.

Thanks again for looking at the problem.

Colin