[OT] Google survey

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Keith Thompson, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. Keith Thompson, Nov 17, 2005

  2. Keith Thompson

    mensanator Guest

    Done.

    Maybe now I won't be the only person in the universe who knows how to
    quote from Google.

    mensanator, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Keith Thompson

    bb Guest

    bb, Nov 17, 2005
  4. Keith Thompson

    haroon Guest

    I think it's already there. check this post...

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/msg/c89012adb857d49c

    haroon, Nov 17, 2005
  5. You haven't been following this newsgroup lately, have you?

    Yes, there's a workaround for Google's broken interface. The problem
    is that the *default* "reply" button works incorrectly, and no amount
    of explaining the problem prevents newbies from using the wrong
    button.

    The following advice:

    has been posted in this newsgroup over 1000 times. Many people figure
    it out once it's explained, but there's no shortage of people who
    haven't yet heard it.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 17, 2005
  6. Keith Thompson

    haroon Guest

    its true.

    haroon, Nov 17, 2005
  7. Keith Thompson

    Default User Guest

    I voted, but why in hell is this even a vote question? It should have
    been corrected months ago.

    Brian

    Default User, Nov 17, 2005
  8. Keith Thompson

    mensanator Guest

    Because this way they can continue to pretend they weren't wrong.

    mensanator, Nov 17, 2005
  9. Keith Thompson

    Flash Gordon Guest

    Thanks for pointing this out Keith. I've voted.
    I agree with you completely.

    Flash Gordon, Nov 17, 2005
  10. Keith Thompson

    Anand Guest

    I wonder whether to give the benefit of doubt to Google guys and think
    that they actually missed it!!! or that they deliberately not fixing
    this issue, due to their some kind of marketing strategy.
    The whole reply-with-no-quote works fine for the web based reader (where
    all/most of the thread is in one page) but not for non-web based clients
    (like my ThunderBird..)

    Anand, Nov 18, 2005
  11. Keith Thompson

    Mockey Chen Guest

    I am a newbie in newgroup. I saw some letters begin with `[OT]'.
    Would any one tell me what does the [OT] stand for?

    Thanks in advance.

    Mockey Chen, Nov 28, 2005
  12. Off Topic

    Robert Gamble

    Robert Gamble, Nov 28, 2005
  13. Keith Thompson

    pemo Guest

    And OP = Original Post(er) ... you'll see this too.

    pemo, Nov 28, 2005
  14. Christopher Benson-Manica, Nov 28, 2005