OT: SSE2 function test program?

David Mathog

I finished the first pass of an SSE2 "emulator" of sorts, for use with
code that requires SSE2 functions on CPUs that do not support it. It
works by replacing the compiler's emmintrin.h. Once compiled this
way, none of the SSE2 builtins are called, instead the equivalent
operations run as inlined C functions. That much code must have a
lot of bugs in it, and so I am now looking for a comprehensive test
suite that exercises each and every one of the C bindings
(__mm_srli_si128, _mm_and_pd, etc., etc. for, by my count, 221
functions). Anybody know where I can find one?

Presumably every C compiler group that supports SSE2 either has their
own version of this test program, or maybe they all use one from
Intel? In any case, Google turned up a lot of hits on the keywords I
tried, but not the sort of test program I was looking for. Hopefully
one of the folks here who works on compilers can point me in the right
direction.

Thanks,

David Mathog

David Mathog

Presumably every C compiler group that supports SSE2 either has their
own version of this test program, or maybe they all use one from
Intel?

There are sse2*.c test programs in the testsuite of recent gcc
releases.

Regards,

David Mathog