Outbound HTTP Connection Bottleneck

Peter Burke

I'm consuming a web service via the internet from a web
service client proxy running on my webserver. The web
service provides data for individual client sessions. I've
observed via netmon, that my outbound HTTP requests are
limited to two, with the rest being queued. Two out, two

Has anyone run into this problem? If so, did you fix it or
work around it? It's a serious bottleneck. This is known
to happen with the XMLHTTP object. I just can't figure out
where in the class libraries this is being used, or how to
override it.

Pete Burke

Arthur Nesterovsky

Hi,
observed via netmon, that my outbound HTTP requests are
limited to two, with the rest being queued. Two out, two

Has anyone run into this problem? If so, did you fix it or
work around it? It's a serious bottleneck. This is known

This is well known problem. Actually this is restriction of HTTP
protocol (if you want I can give you even quotation from the HTTP
specification).

There is such thing like "DefaultConnectionLimit" try to play with it.
Take a look at the following topic ".NET Framework/
Programming with the .NET Framework/Using Application Protocols/
Managing Connections" in MSDN.

Hope this help.
With best wishes, Arthur Nesterovsky
mailto: (e-mail address removed)