Overloading class behavior in a test case.

Pit Capitain

Jim said:
I have a question about overriding class behavior from within a test
case context. Trying both methods below seems to indicate that neither
can access the class level methods of the class under test. None of
them are protected access.

What am I doing wrong?

http://rafb.net/paste/results/CVOPuA89.html
http://rafb.net/paste/results/OtSmse47.html

Hi Jim,

can you show us where you try to call those "class level methods" and
what the output looks like? I couldn't find it in your code samples.

Regards,
Pit

Jim Van Fleet

Hi Jim,

can you show us where you try to call those "class level methods" and
what the output looks like? I couldn't find it in your code samples.

It's called from within the original class like so:

http://rafb.net/paste/results/FYsiwX66.html

I bet it would work if I changed the syntax of those calls to class
level, but is there any way to do that without the extra verbosity? It
doesn't feel very ruby-esque.

Thanks,

Jim