Page Not Found

Yvon Kephren

Hey, I have a javascript problem and I can think of two solutions.
First of all the problem. I have a script that dynamically loads pages
in iframes on the fly. Sometimes it is possible that these pages do
not exist. So Mozilla alerts me that the page cannot be found. My
question is can I omit the Alert or throw an exception some how or
test if the page exists before hand

Now to my solutions, if when mozilla cannot find the page it would
also throw an exception so I could test to see if it wasnt loaded so I
could make my own Error report instead of an alert. Or secondly if I
could some how test before hand if the file existed.

Any one care to enlighten me on this subject, Thanks.