Page_load before a buttonclick event function

Guest

Hi there,

I just found out that when I have a button on an aspx page and i click it,
the page_load event function executes before the button click event function.
Why is this so? I have a web form that is continually displayed. Each time
the button is clicked i want the value of a checkbox to be checked and then i
want the checkbox to be cleared when the page is reloaded. The problem is
that i thought i would clear the checkbox in the page_load function but then
when the button click event function is run the checkbox will always be a
value of false!

Is this correct?