Paging

Al

Hi, all can any one suggest me what would be the best approach for paging
information out a recordset.

Explain.
I am building up a search engine with .ASP 3.0
using sql server database for data listing and what I Like to do is display
max 10 items in one page per search query and have Prev and Next to display
pages with informations requested and found in recordset.
sort of like google.

TIA.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Al said:
Hi, all can any one suggest me what would be the best approach for
paging information out a recordset.

Explain.
I am building up a search engine with .ASP 3.0
using sql server database for data listing and what I Like to do is
display max 10 items in one page per search query and have Prev and
Next to display pages with informations requested and found in
recordset.
sort of like google.

TIA.
www.aspfaq.com has an article about this. Just search for "paging"

Bob Barrows

Jeff Cochran

Hi, all can any one suggest me what would be the best approach for paging
information out a recordset.

Lots of tutorials on this, first, the FAQ:

How do I page through a recordset?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2120

Also:

http://www.codeproject.com/asp/rspaging.asp
http://www.adopenstatic.com/experiments/recordsetpaging.asp
http://www.asp101.com/articles/recordsetpaging/index.asp

And of course, there's Google to find more...

Jeff