Parameters in Crystal Reports.Net

Guest

Dear All,

I am quite new to crystal reports.Net.I have made a web Form with a drop
down box in it. I load 2 values in the drop down box as follows in Form Load
event.

dropdownbox.items.add("Doctors")
dropdownbox.items.add("Dentist")

Now in front of this dropdown box I have a button called GO. So what I
basically
want is when I click this button. It should show me the report in a new
window
depending on what I select. I am storing the value of the dropdownbox in a
session variable.

Session("Profession")= dropdownbox.SelectedItem.text

I have done some research on the internet.I found a lot of information.
regarding my problem.But one thing which is confusing me is the following
line:

Dim parameterfieldDefinition as
CrystalDecisions.Crystalreports.Engine.ParameterFieldDefinition

parameterfieldDefinition =
MyReport.DataDefinition.ParameterFields.Item("NAME")

The problem is that in my case I dont know what should I put down in place
of NAME in the above line. I tried to put Session("Profession") but it
gives an error. Honestly speaking I can't figure out the meaning of
ParameterFieldDefinition. Can any one explain this to me please. and also
what should I put here in my case.

Any help will be much appreciated.

cheers,
Sunil Sabir

Andy Lim

Sunil,

are you using SQL server for your CR you mentioned about?
could you display your report with a web browser? because i tried many times
(with SQL server) and always got "Logon failed" error everytime i view the
report with a browser
would you please share your code with us?

thanks,
andy