parse or import raw pop email file ?

Mad Scientist Jr

I downloaded CrZ's Mail2Text code at planetsourcecode:

http://planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=2570&lngWId=10

it works pretty well.

However, I'd like to be able to read the messages. Has anyone got code
to parse out the From, To, Subject, Date Sent, and
message text fields, and determine if the message text is HTML or plain
text, and save any file attachments?

Or how would you convert the raw POP file this creates, to a real mail
program such as thunderbird, outlook or eudora?