Parser Error Message: Access is denied

Guest

I’m experiencing the following error. Research I’ve done implies that this is caused by a conflict with index server. I’ve disabled index server and continue to get the error. I’ve also disabled the antivirus real time scanning
The application is running perfectly on other servers. Any help is appreciated

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'Interop.CDO'

Source Error:

Line 197: <add assembly="System.Drawing, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/
Line 198: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/
Line 199: <add assembly="*"/
Line 200: </assemblies
Line 201

Source File: c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Line: 19

Cliff Harris

I have tended to get this error when my .Net assembly permissions are not
set correctly.
Try going into the .Net Wizards (in Win2k it's in Administrative Tools) and
select the Adjust .Net Security wizard. Make changes to your computer and
then make sure that My Computer is set to Full Trust. I also set Local
Intranet to Full Trust as well, but I'm not sure that's required. Try that
and see if it helps any.

HTH,
-Cliff

Christopher said:
[...]

199

CWS

Thanks for the suggestion Cliff, but this did not work. I'm still looking,
if anyone has any ideas.

CWS

OK solved the problem...

It turns out file level permissions for one of my dlls did not inherit from
the parent directory. Because the file was accessible to the system
administrator only, the file couldn't be copied to the temporary
directory.... Very interesting...