Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'winadmin._default'

David Johnson

Okay, creating an ASP.NET application with Visual Studio on a remote server
(not local machine).

It starts up with WebForm.aspx

I put an image in webform.aspx, save it, and jump over to Internet Explorer,
and surf to
http://myserver/myproject/webform1.aspx.

All is well, I see my image.

I then return to Visual Studio, click on File - Add New Item - Webform, and
name it default.aspx.

I add a label to default.aspx, and put the text "Hello World" in the label.

I save it, then go to internet exploreer and surf to
http://myserver/myproject.

I get the error:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'winadmin._default'.

and it highlights the line:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="default.aspx.vb" Inherits="winadmin._default"%>

What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

David

Showjumper

after you add a new webform rebuild the solution/project, which should clear
it up