Parser Error Message: Could not load type

Trevor Oakley

ASP NET
=======

I am learning ASP.NET, Visual C#, C# via some books; I have shared web
space using Windows, and STANDARD Visual C# (no server option on
SERVER EXPLORER).

ERROR
=====

My examples work offline, but when I FTP them onto the server I get an
error:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type

This is something connected with the "Inherit" in the page directive:

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Fortune.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="mywebapp.Fortune" %> <=== error

(this is from a book example).

IIS
===

I cannot control IIS on shared space, I read somewhere applications
must be registered in IIS. This option is not open to me. Also I
deleted the Webconfig file from Visual C# as it stopped everything
running (even the non Visual C# code).

Objects
=======

I want to build objects which can be used in several web pages, and
therefore a few cs modules.

Question
========

Does anyone know how to publish ASP NET Visual C# solutions on sever
space?