Parsing ButtonColumn.DataTextField Value

jcpc48

I have a datagrid with a ButtonColumn whose values need to look like
hyperlinks:

<asp:datagrid
id="dgrdFiles"
onitemcommand="ShowFileDetails"
:
runat="server">
<columns>
<asp:buttoncolumn
:
datatextfield="FileNm"

It works fine, but I'm wondering if there's a simple way (i.e., one
that doesn't involve RegEx) to extract the original, unformatted
FileNm value from the cell. Any hints will be greatly appreciated!