Part II -- How to cancel without error if filename doesn't exist

KatB

Hi again,

Further to my last post, here is more specifically what I'm trying to
do. In my onclick event, I first want to look to see if a certain user
file (.ica) exists on the client pc. Then I open an .hta page (as a
pop-up window) if it does exist which contains the following:

<script language="javascript">
var oShell=new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
var file="C:\\Progra~1\\Citrix\\ICACli~1\\vbciq.ica"
oShell.Run("C:\\Progra~1\\Citrix\\ICACli~1\\wfica32 " + file,1);
window.close();
</script>

QUESTION: Some PCs use thin client so if the file isn't found at c:\ I
also need to check m:\. If neither exists, I want to close the .hta
window without an application error, just a user message that the
desktop file wasn't available.

So if I am unable to check for the file on the user pc, any suggestions
on how to handle the .hta window opening if the file turns out not to
exist?

TIA, Kat