Passing data to parent from child in different domain

Guest

Hello

I want to pass data from one page to another, more specifically I want to pass data from a child page to a parent page

My parent page (parentpage.htm) does
----
window.open("childpage.htm", "_blank"); // calling a local pag
----

My client page (childpage.htm) does
----
window.opener.document.all.item("TextBox1").value = "some data"; // fill input field in parentpage.ht
----

This works fine, as long as childpage.htm is in the same domain as parentpage.htm. When childpage.htm is in a different domain the call of window.open (in parentpage.htm) will look like
----
window.open("http://www.somefunnydomain.com/SomeDirectory/childpage.htm", "_blank"); // calling a remote pag
----

In this case, childpage.htm cannot access properties and methods of window.opener, because parentpage.htm is in a different domain
My question is: How can I get this done anyway

The solution I am looking for has to be client side, because my parent page is a page of Microsoft CRM. That page cannot be changed, it only can be customized: buttons and menu items can be added. These buttons and/or menu items typically call other pages.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Reinhold

bruce barker

it can not be done clientside, as it breaks security rules. the only
approach is serverside.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Reinhold Mannsberger said:
Hello!

I want to pass data from one page to another, more specifically I want to
pass data from a child page to a parent page.
My parent page (parentpage.htm) does:
parentpage.htm. When childpage.htm is in a different domain the call of
window.open (in parentpage.htm) will look like:"_blank"); // calling a remote pagewindow.opener, because parentpage.htm is in a different domain.