Password protecting areas

Jon Agiato

Hello all,
I am new to ASP.NET and web development in general so please excuse the
simplicity of the question. I want to be able to password protect certain
portions on a web site. I am thinking that one would store the passwords in
a database on the server, and simply check the users entry against the
existing passes but that is just a guess. I am asking for a link, or
directions on how to accomplish this basic task, and of course, any tips or
comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John Saunders

Jon Agiato said:
Hello all,
I am new to ASP.NET and web development in general so please excuse the
simplicity of the question. I want to be able to password protect certain
portions on a web site. I am thinking that one would store the passwords in
a database on the server, and simply check the users entry against the
existing passes but that is just a guess. I am asking for a link, or
directions on how to accomplish this basic task, and of course, any tips or
comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You may want to take a look at the following on MSDN: Forms Authentication
Provider
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/ht
ml/cpconformsauthenticationacrossapplications.asp).