Performance related Question.....

Cris Rock

In my ASP.Net application I am using webcontrols.TextBox to display data. I
can use the Label control to display my data here since I am using this edit
box as read only. Will there be any advantage of using label box instead of
text box in terms of memory usage or any other performance issue ? Please
advice.
Cris

Stefano Mostarda

Hi,

I don't think there are big differences between label and textbox, Both
of them are persistent accross requests.
The only difference is that the label iclude the text within <span> tags
while the textbox in the value property of the <input> tag. So there is
just a sligthly difference in the amount of byte sent to the browser.

Hope this helps

Stefano Mostarda MCP
Rome Italy