Perl CGI and email

Sebastien

HI,
I am a newbie, and just wonder.
If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email
address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?
I know that's not obvious question to answer.

Thanx

Sebatien

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) (Sebastien) wrote in
HI,
I am a newbie, and just wonder.
If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email
address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?
I know that's not obvious question to answer.

Your question has nothing to do with Perl.

You can find the answer in the CGI FAQ list, section 3 to be specific:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/preamble.html

Sinan.

Sherm Pendley

Sebastien said:
If some guy programs a CGI script with PERL can he get my email
address while I am browsing his web site by his/her CGI PERL script?

No. And not with Perl either. (What is this PERL you're talking about,
anyway?)
I know that's not obvious question to answer.

Actually, it is.

sherm--

Brian McCauley

A. Sinan Unur said:
(e-mail address removed) (Sebastien) wrote in

Your question has nothing to do with Perl.

You can find the answer in the CGI FAQ list, section 3 to be specific:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/preamble.html

While I know it's totally OT but for completeness I shall mention that
the HTTP protocol _does_ allow you to put your e-mail address in the
From: header of your HTTP requests. However the only web clients I've
ever heard of that do this are robots where this address is used to
inform the to the robot's owner if it's gone out of control.

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.22

A. Sinan Unur

From: header of your HTTP requests.

BTW, the CGI FAQ mentions that in

3.2 Can I get the email of visitors?
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/www/cgi-faq/section-40.html

I decided to link to the top level so that the OP could be motivated to
actually looking at all the information listed there.

Sinan.