Perl e-mail problem

Joe

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem with one of my scripts. I have script that uses Net::SMTP, and the server I was using is not working anymore, so I am trying to find a secure way to send it. I found a couple of ways, but our provider will not allow those installed because a C Compler must be installed. So I am forced to look elsewhere.

Anyway, we have an .asp script that uses SSL Authentication, and I would like to use that in my Perl Script. Is there a way to 'call' the asp script from the perl script? I see there is PerlScript, but that is mainly used for, it looks like, with asp, and, I think, I need to download another version of ActivePerl.

Can anyone help with this? My perl script is over 2000 lines, and right now rewriting it would be too time consuming. We need a short-term solution,until I can write a long-term solution.

ccc31807

Anyway, we have an .asp script that uses SSL Authentication, and I would like to use that in my Perl Script.  Is there a way to 'call' the asp script from the perl script?  I see there is PerlScript, but that is mainly used for, it looks like, with asp, and, I think, I need to download anotherversion of ActivePerl.

Use system() and exec() to call external scripts, in my case pscp and
the like. If you can execute an external command (like your ASP
script) you might try this idiom:

my $error_code = 0;
my $command = 'myaspscript.asp param1 param2 param3';
$error_code = system($command);
warn "Error running ASP script, $error_code\n" if $error_code != 0;

CC.