    Is there a perl function to insert in my module instead of the static
    expression: package MYNAME; ?

    Thank you in advance

    colli, Sep 19, 2007

  2. I'm not sure I understand your question, but chances may be that
    you're after __PACKAGE__.

    Michele

    Michele Dondi, Sep 19, 2007

  3. colli

    Ben Morrow Guest

    There are various ways you could do this, none of which are for the
    faint of heart :). One simple way would be to put the entire module into
    a string eval: then you can perform any replacements you like on the
    code before evalling it. Another would be to use a source filter. Both
    these approaches would fall foul of the fact that Perl will only load a
    given file once, but that can be got around.

    However, before you do this you should take a step back. What are you
    actually trying to achieve here? Chances are you can do it without
    resorting to rewriting your module on the fly, say by creating a
    'package factory' module that will, on request, create a new package and
    import some functions into it.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Sep 19, 2007
  4. This can be "easily" done with the code-in-@INC facility.