PERL - problems with use

Alan Vowles

Hello,

I have written a simple PERL script for use with my website, and even
through the script runs perfectly on my own computer using the Apache
webserving software, i am having problems making the script online.

The server i am using does support the use of PERL and i have even double
checked the path to PERL for the '#!' line. The server simply produces an
"Access Denied - You are not allowed to view this page" error.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

David K. Wall

Alan Vowles said:
I have written a simple PERL script for use with my website, and
even through the script runs perfectly on my own computer using
the Apache webserving software, i am having problems making the
script online.

The server i am using does support the use of PERL and i have even
double checked the path to PERL for the '#!' line. The server
simply produces an "Access Denied - You are not allowed to view
this page" error.

Can anyone help?

It's not a problem with Perl.

You'd be more likely to get help in a group devoted to the web server
software you're using. Try one of the comp.infosystems.www.servers.*
groups.

However, it wouldn't hurt to check the permissions on the script, the
directory it's in, and how the server is configured to handle documents
in that directory.